Norton’s antivirus software provides you with an “all-in-one” security suite. It plays a significant part in securing your computer. The software combines with improved performance and design, to provide online protection with a competent administration, keeping your system safe. But often you may be unable to open Norton, or it will be showing an error message whenever you try to open it, in the form of Norton Error 8504. Then, you need to act fast and run the software properly again to protect your computer.
The Norton error 8504, 104 can be appears due to a variety of reasons, so it is important that you troubleshoot each of the possible reason to stop it from reappearing. You can also take assistance from our certified technicians by calling our toll-free number +1-866-244-9407 to Fix Norton Error.
What Causes Norton Error 8504?
Norton error 8504 messages are generally associated with a software issue. Generally, the issue occurs when you are unable to start or load Norton, and the software files get corrupted. Sometimes, conflicting files can also generate error issues in Norton. Other probable causes are:
- Trying to install Norton software, when you already have another antivirus installed on your computer.
- Installation process failed while you were trying to install the Norton software.
- You are required to install the software but failed to do so on time.
- Malware or virus infection that may corrupt your system files.
Reasons of Error 8504, 104
- Corrupt download or wrong installation of Norton 360 internet security software.
- Malware or Virus infection which has corrupted Norton 360 program files or Windows system files.
- How To Fix Norton Antivirus Error 8504, 104
Below is a list of troubleshooting steps to fix Norton Error 8504 and 104.
- Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 8504, 104
Click on the start menu and in the “search programs and files” option below the All Programs type “Regedit” and push enter button. From the registry editor, choose the key related to the Norton error 8504, 104 like Norton 360. To back up this key, select Export from the file menu. Now save the Norton 360 backup key in a folder.
- Run a complete virus scan on your computer.
- Remove all the Junk files such as temporary files and folders by using the tool Disk Cleanup.
Click on the Start button and in the run dialog box input “cleanmgr”. Press the enter button. The disk cleanup wizard will appears. Here select the boxes you want to clean and click on the OK button.
- Upgrade all the device drivers.
- Use System Restore tool in MS Windows OS to undo recent changes in the computer.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Norton 360 Programs Associated with Error 8504, 104.
- Use Windows System File Checker.
Go to the start menu and in the “search programs and files” option below the All Programs, type “sfc /scannow” in the “run” dialog box. Now follow the instructions appears on the screen to fix the error.
- Install all the latest Updates by running “Windows Update”.
If still the error exits, then you need to do a clean install of Ms Windows OS. This will certainly fix this issue.
Alternate Method To Solution Norton Antivirus Error 8504 104
Before trying our troubleshooting tricks, we recommend you to restart your system. Often, rebooting clears the system memory and will close all Norton based programs. This process will probably fix any error messages. But in case the problem persists then you need to shoot through the below-mentioned tricks.
Solution 1: Remove other antivirus Security tools
- First of all, you need to uninstall any other antivirus security tool, other than Norton, already installed on your computer.
- You need to open the run dialog box by pressing Windows+R. There you have to type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
- A list appears showing you all the programs installed on your computer. Now, select the Antivirus Security tool and click on Uninstall.
- You need to follow the on-screen instructions to remove the required program. Finally, when the uninstallation completes, reboot your system.
Solution 2: Update Graphics Card
- You need to right-click on My Computer, then follow the steps: Manage >Device Manager >Display adapters
- Otherwise, you can also press Windows+R and type devmgmt.msc.
- Now, you have to click on Display adapters. Right click on HD Graphics Card and click on Update Driver Software.
- After the update complete, you need to reboot your computer.
Solution 3: Use Norton AutoFix Tool
You can fix the runtime errors by using Norton AutoFix Tool. All you need to do is, Run the Norton AutoFix tool, it will automatically detect the issue and resolve Norton Error 8504.
Our Norton Tech Support | Avail Our Expert Guidance
If you find this article informative, then you can share your viewpoints at our comment option on our official website. You can connect with us to resolve all your doubts and issues. With us, you can forget standing in a queue, as all your issue requests are sorted through complete human interaction. Our Norton Tech Support helps you to deduce the root of the problem and fixed it from there.
Call our Norton Technical Support team +1-866-244-9407 to Fix Norton Antivirus error 8504,104 for remote online assistance for resolving technical issues relating to the Norton Antivirus and will receive our online remote technical help service at very nominal charges. Our Norton technical support service is available round the clock. We ensure full customer satisfaction, and have an excellent track record of resolving technical issues of our customers.
Our technicians have the experience of serving clients based globally. We assure you prompt and top-of-the-line help.