Nowadays, every laptop or computer users install antivirus software in order to protect their devices from unwanted malicious components. Malwarebytes is one of the most popular cybersecurity software providers that users often rely upon to troubleshoot malware or virus issues. But, sometimes, the error regarding Malwarebytes unable to connect the service can be quite bothersome for you.
If you are recently facing this error, then you have to apply a few simple tricks to overcome this situation.
What if Malwarebytes Unable to Connect the Service on Windows 10?
Here are the instructions that you can implement in order to resolve the Malwarebytes error. Be sure you apply the methods in the same order as instructed. It will help to connect the service in no time.
Method 1: Review the Malwarebytes Service
If you find the Malwarebytes refuses to connect to the service, there can be certain glitches with the security application. Therefore, follow the under mentioned instructions to get rid of this error.
Press the Windows logo along with the R key to launch the Run window. In the Run dialog box, write “services.msc” and hit the Enter key. After executing this command, the Services window will appear automatically.
Then scroll down the services and try to find the Malwarebytes service. Once you find the service, tap on it and set the “Startup type” to “Automatic”.
If the service is not running, hit the “Start” button to begin it. Save the recent changes by hitting the “OK” button.
After performing these instructions, check if you seeing the following error notification:
“Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process”
If you are seeing the above error message, then follow the under mentioned instructions.
- Open the “Malwarebytes Properties” window and go to the “Log On” tab.
- Hit the “Browser” button from the appeared menu. Thereafter, locate the “Enter the object name to select” option.
- Under this section, enter your device’s name and hit the “Check Names” option. Wait until the device name becomes authenticated.
- Once you are done with it, hit the “OK” button to proceed further. Inside the Password box, enter the administrator password and hit the “OK” button.
- Next, launch the “Malwarebytes Properties” window again and tap on the “Start” button from the menu.
Reboot your device when you are done with these instructions. Once your device boots up, check whether the error message still appears or not.
Method 2: Disable Alternate Antivirus
All the security suites are developed to work fine with other programs and utilities installed on the device. But, many users claim that the Malwarebytes service error is triggered by some other security suite. To prevent such situations, we suggest you disable the other antivirus suite.
- Go to the notification area on Taskbar and try to locate the antivirus software icon.
- Now, tap on the icon and hit the “Disable” button.
- Afterward, go to the Settings window for the antivirus and choose the duration for which you want to turn off the software.
- From the confirmation pop up menu, hit the “OK” button.
After you disable the other antivirus software, check if the “Malwarebytes unable to connect the service” error message persists. In case it does, you can uninstall the program from your device.
Steps to uninstall Other Antivirus Software:
- Go to the Start menu and launch the Settings app.
- Under the Settings, hit the “System” icon.
- From the left pane of the window, choose “Apps and features”.
- Inside this section, you will find a list of applications and programs on Windows 10.
- Locate and choose the problematic antivirus software. Then right-tap on it and hit the “Uninstall” button from the menu.
Finally, confirm the uninstallation by tapping on the “OK” button.
Method 3: Remove the MBAM in Safe Mode
If the previous two methods fail to give you satisfactory results, then reboot your device in Safe Mode and remove the MBAM. Follow the underlying instructions to proceed with this method.
- In the Windows search bar, write “msconfig” and hit the Enter key.
- Once the Boot tab invokes, choose the “Safe Boot” option. Thereafter, hit the “Radio” button next to the “Minimal” option.
- From the context menu, choose the “OK” button to ensure that you are about to reboot your computer.
- As soon as you perform this instruction, the device will reboot in Safe Mode. Further, hit the gear-shaped icon to invoke the Settings app.
- From the resultant menu, find the MBAM and hit the “Uninstall” button.
- Invoke the “msconfig” once again and turn off the “Safe Boot” option.
When you are done with the above-mentioned instructions, try to reinstall the MBAM. You can do this by downloading and installing the newest compatible version from their official webpage.
Method 4: Update Malwarebytes
If you are using outdated versions of Malwarebytes, then the occurrence of such error is quite a common event. To prevent such occasions, try to update Malwarebytes to its latest version.
- On the computer, launch the “Malwarebytes”.
- Then, invoke the “Settings” app and go to the “Application” tab.
- Under the tab, hit the “Install Application Updates”.
- Tap on the “OK” button to confirm the installation.
- Wait unless the installation process completes successfully.
Restart the device when the installation process gets over.
Method 5: Reinstall the Malwarebytes Software from the Scratch
If none of the above methods work, reinstalling Malwarebytes can be the last resort for you. For this purpose, you can carry out these instructions.
Go to the Windows search bar, enter “regedit” inside the box and hit the OK button. Afterward, use one of the below-mentioned locations to retrieve your ID and security key.
- Location for Windows x64 64-Bit
- Location for Windows x86 32-Bit
Once you bring back your ID and security key, you can perform the uninstallation process. So, carry out these instructions to proceed with it.
- Head over to the Start menu and open the “Control Panel”.
- Go to the “Programs” section and choose the “Uninstall a Program” option from the appeared menu.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Malwarebytes and hit the “Uninstall” button. Press the “OK” to confirm the process.
- Enter your ID and security key when you are prompted. After you uninstall the Malwarebytes software successfully, visit their official website.
- Install the latest Malwarebytes version by following the on-screen instructions.
We hope, after executing these instructions, you will be able to resolve the “Malwarebytes unable to connect the service” error on your own.