Recently, several users are complaining about an error message “Your system is heavily damaged by four virus!” that often appears on their devices and causes various technical complications.
This message states that the device is 28.1% damaged because of four harmful viruses from recent adult sites. Generally, this error notification pops up on the screen when users try to browse any website.
There can be various factors responsible for this error. But, to get rid of this error, you need to follow a few troubleshooting measures.
Easy Fixes to Eliminate the Virus Scam Message
Different methods are there that you can try for overcoming the “Your system is heavily damaged by four virus” error messages. Let’s dive in with some of the effective ones.
Fix 1: Remove the “Locate Four Virus” Entry
While encountering the error notification if you are randomly prompted to download the virus removal tool, try this fix instantly. Follow the under mentioned instructions in order to proceed with this fix.
- Firstly, navigate to the “Settings” and invoke the “Application Manager”.
- After you access the “Application Manager”, choose the “Download” filter from the appeared menu.
- Thereafter, attempt to browse for an entry on “Locate Four Virus”.
- Once you are able to locate the entry, simply tap on it and hit the “Uninstall” or “Delete” button.
- From the confIrmation pop-up window, hit the “OK” button to confirm the removal process.
Once you are done with these instructions, invoke your default browser again. Now verify whether the error notification still appears or not.
Fix 2: Try to Manage the Permissions for Android
If the first fix failed or the “Uninstall” option was greyed out on your device, then you can follow the instructions cited below.
- Invoke the “Settings” menu by tapping on the gear-shaped icon.
- Hit the “More” option. From the appeared menu, choose the “Security” and hit the “Device Administrators”.
- Afterward, ensure only trusted programs such as Google Play Services or Android Device Manager have the Administrator’s permissions to alter the device.
- Now, re-launch the Security window and ensure that the “Unknown Sources” checkbox is not selected.
Reboot your device when the process is over. After your device boots up, invoke the browser to verify the error condition.
Fix 3: Scan your Device with Antivirus Software
In order to disinfect the malicious components from your device, you can use the Windows Defender utility. It is a built-in utility that comes up with every version of Windows. To run this tool, you can go through these guidelines.
- Invoke the “Settings” app and navigate to the “Update and Security”.
- Under the “Update and Security” menu, scroll through and locate the Windows Defender.
- Once you find it, tap on it and initiate the “Windows Defender Security Center”.
- In the next window, navigate to the “Virus and threat protection module”. Begin the scanning process by tapping on the “Quick Scan” button.
- Respond to the confirmation if you want to execute the virus scan in the common locations.
- Stick to the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the scanning process.
As soon as you perform these instructions, the Windows Defender will scan your entire device and try to detect the malicious components.
After detecting the malicious components, it will disinfect them automatically. When the entire process gets over, it will show you the result on the screen.
Fix 4: Check the Antivirus Security suite
Third-party security suites often conflict with your system and result in the “Your system is heavily damaged by four virus” error. To get rid of such occasions, try to disable those third-party applications that can conflict.
Instructions to Disable Third-party Security Program:
Follow the under mentioned instructions to disable the third-party security program.
- Navigate to the Windows Taskbar and look for the third-party antivirus icon.
- Proceed to right tap on it and locate the “Shield Control”.
- From the resultant menu, choose the timing for which you want to disable the software.
- Confirm your choice by tapping on the “Yes” button from the confirmation window.
Note– If there is more than one antivirus software, try to repeat the process for all of them individually.
After you disable the third-party software, reboot your device to let the new changes take effect. If the error message still troubles you, we suggest you uninstall that problematic software.
Steps to Uninstall Third-Party Problematic Application:
Here are the instructions to uninstall the third-party application causing this error.
- Hit the “Start” icon to open the “Start” menu.
- Now, go to the “Settings” and tap on the “System” icon.
- Launch the “Apps and Features” section from the left pane and open the list of installed applications and programs.
- From the available list, locate and select those problematic third-party applications in their respective manner. Hit the “Uninstall” button to remove them.
- Choose the “OK” button to confirm the uninstallation process.
In this way, you can easily remove the problematic third-party applications from your device.
Fix 5: Eliminate the Virus from the Web Browser
Steps for Android Users:
Before you move towards the steps, identify which web browser is triggering the issue. If the error message comes up on multiple web browsers, repeat these instructions for every browser.
- Choose the gear-shaped icon to initiate the “Settings” app.
- Under the “Settings” window, locate and select the “More Application Manager (Apps)”.
- Thereafter, search for the web browser that displays the virus.
- On your default browser, you may have to enforce the “All Apps” filter to be able to see it.
- Hit the browser and choose the “Force Stop” button from the resulting menu.
- Thereafter, select the “Clear Cache” option and hit the “OK” button.
Reboot your device in order to apply the new modifications.
Steps for iOS Users:
If you find the error “Your system is heavily damaged by four virus” on iPhone, then carry out the undermentioned instructions accordingly.
- Invoke the “Settings” on your iOS device.
- Then, go to Safari and hit the “Clear History and Website Data” option.
- Re-launch the “Settings” and choose the “Safari” from the menu.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab and choose the “Website Data” option.
- Further, choose the “Remove All Website Data” from the queue window.
- Confirm the process by tapping on the “OK” button twice.
After performing all these fixes, you will get rid of the annoying error on four viruses in your system.