The Norton error 5013 3 is a type of “Base Filtering Engine error message which appears while the user start installing the program and at that time the Norton-related software program is running. As defined by a team of Norton Error Support professionals, the message is defined as a bunch of viruses/Trojans in the active circulation mode which tries to disable and remove the BFE service in the very first step of the infection phase. It may also occur while Windows startup or shutdown phase, or even during the Windows operating system installation time. To Fix Norton Product Error 5013, 3 just read the steps are given below by Norton Help Support.
Steps to Fix Norton Product Error 5013, 3 on Norton product
Step1: Norton Power Eraser
- First, users should download the “Norton Power Eraser” software and then run it to proceed further
- Next, simply click on the “Save” option.
- Selection of the location as a “Desktop” is necessary and then click on the “Save” option.
- To run easily the “Norton Power Eraser”, it is advised by Norton Antivirus Technical support professionals to double-click on the NPE.exe file.
- If it is found that the “User Account Control” window is asking users to go ahead then simply click on “Yes or continue” button.
- Go by accepting the license terms and agreement, and tap on the “Accept” option.
- In the Norton Power Eraser section, simply click on the “Scan for Risks icon” button.
- By default, Norton Power Eraser will perform a Root kit scan procedure and will then ask the system to restart.
- After you have restarted the PC, the scan will automatically start its functions.
Step 2: Working with the Norton Product Tamper Protection
- Initially you need to start the “Norton” product.
- Click on the “Settings” option next.
- Under the “Quick Controls” section, then check for the “Norton Tamper Protection” option.
- Tap on the “Close” button next.
Step 3: Enabling of the Base Filtering Engine service
- Press the “Windows + R” keys to easily open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type “services.msc” text and then press the “Enter” button.
- If the User Account Control window is prompting you to continue, then simply click on the “Yes or continue” button.
- In the “Services window”, under the “Name column”, please locate and then double-click on the “Base Filtering Engine” option.
- To the right of the “Startup” type and then verify the option “Automatic appears”.
- If Startup type is not in an “Automatic” section, then in the drop-down list, just click on the “Automatic” option.
- To the right of “Service” Status, simply verify the matter known as “Started appears”.
- If the Service status is not in a “Started” position, then tap on the “Start” option.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Exit from the “Services” window.
- Restart your PC next.
Step 4: Download and then run the fix tool
- Download the “fix tool” software.
- Next, users are advised to save the file to the “Windows desktop” section.
- On the “desktop area, please double-click on the “BaseFilterEngineFix.exe” file.
- By working with the tool, you have accepted the “Usage Agreement”
- If prompted to install the “.NET Framework 3.5” then simply click on the “Download and install this feature’ option.
- In the “Base Filter Engine Repair” window, just tap on the “Apply Fix” option.
- The fix tool will now repair all the available appropriate “Base Filter Engine registry” keys.
- Click on the “Restart Now” option.
- You are now done with the process.
After read these steps, if you are still facing error to Fix Norton Product Error 5013, 3 Come and explore our world-class Norton Support Services at our Norton Customer Support Phone Number +1-888-513-5817 department and get your work done instantly.